KUSB-488B driver version 3.06 is Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 compatible
for more details the file is here: http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=52969
KUSB-488A has a driver version 9.2 is Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 compatible
(see ReleaseNotes.htm for more details this file is zipped in with the driver here: http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=53029
)Suggestions for both of you:
No need to change operating systems.
Uninstall all GPIB drivers, reboot, then install the appropriate driver for your device:
For Keithley KUSB-488B, download and install latest driver: currently this is KI-488 version 3.06http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=52970
For Keithley KUSB-488A, download and install latest driver: currently this is GPIB-488 version 9.2 http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=53029
Login in and then connect your KUSB-488B or KUSB-488A.
If the device is not automatically recognized and connected, then:
Go to Control Panel -> Device Manager
Select "Action" from the top menu.
Then select "Scan for hardware changes"....Wait for device driver to completely install.
If successful, should appear in Device Manager listed under Keithley GPIB Interface (if KUSB-488B) or GPIB Interfaces (if KUSB-488A).
If successful, connect an instrument and run the driver tests below to confirm presence of device and instrument:
If KUSB-488B, run the Keithley Instruments -> KI-488 -> KI-488 Configuration Utility (should display GPIB0 and the connected instrument's id). If this works then use KI-488 Diagnostic Tool to talk to your instrument.
If KUSB-488A, run the Keithley Instruments -> GPIB-488 -> GPIB Diagnostic (should display Board Id: GPIB0). If this works then use CEC -> TRTEST.EXE to talk to your instrument.
If you still have problems...please provide very specific details about your system:
- manufacturer/model of your computer (e.g. Dell Optiplex-740)
- operating system (e.g. win 7 x86 (32-bit) with service pack 1)
- driver that you installed (e.g. KI-488 version 3.06 (installed as NI compatible) or GPIB-488 version 9.2)
- type of usb-to-gpib interface you are attempting to connect (e.g. KUSB-488B or KUSB-488A)
- VID and PID of your device (listed in control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager -> (your usb device) -> properties -> details -> matching device ID)
- Company/Version of the following file c:\windows\system32\gpib-32.dll (e.g. Keithley Instruments, Inc., version 1.4.7